For everything from Dose-Response Curve fitting to statistical analysis and analysis of DNA sequence variants in patients with rare inherited retinal conditions, there are many software tools that I use. If you need some help getting into using these tools, you can always ask me. (Ken Mitton, Eye Research Institute, Oakland University)
Sources for Softwares and tutorials
- Tcl/Tk Tutorial (a scripting language)
- R-Project for Statistical Computing at CRAN distribution service
- R-Studio for working with R
- BrowseVCF packages for OS-X, Linux, Windows. Also get the paper listed next.
- Paper: Silvia Salatino, Varun Ramraj. (2017) “BrowseVCF: a web-based application and workflow to quickly prioritize disease causative variants in VCF files.” Briefings in Bioinformatics 18(5): 774-779